Specifications Construction Specialist – Richmond, VA – Job #SPS-L3
Baskervill, a multi-disciplinary design firm, is seeking a Specifications Construction Specialist to join our Specifications Team. This position works in close partnership with the Director and Manager of Specifications to assist with creating specifications for diverse clients in education, hospitality, healthcare, workspace, and other design studios. As a Specifications Construction Specialist, you’ll work within our established specifications system to increase your knowledge and understanding of design, materials, and building construction.
- Assist with research of project scope, materials, and codes; design collaboration, project specific Keynotes, and general costing
- Coordinate and publish specification documents, including documents prepared by consultants
- Assist in revising Spec Sections and preparing Addenda, ASI, CCD documents
- Participate in team and internal scheduling meetings
- Review and update of specifications as needed to stay current with industry standards and advancements
- Participate in industry and Baskervill events for both community involvement and professional growth
- 3+ years related construction/design industry experience with knowledge of construction materials
- Knowledge of construction, construction materials, CA standard procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Newforma, and Bluebeam
- Knowledge of Revit and BIM procedures
- Strong organizational, communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural, engineering team and consultants on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Construction and Codes
- Program experience in the usage of Newforma and MasterSpec
- Experience with Revit
- Desire to obtain CSI Certified Construction Specifier (CCS)
Baskervill offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan that includes firm paid medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, short-and-long-term disability, three weeks of paid time off and paid holidays. We also offer a 401k plan with company match, flex spending account, life-and-critical-illness insurance. Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace.
Please email resume and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job # SPS-L3, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.