Interior Designer, Hospitality – Richmond, VA – HID-L3
From creating spaces of luxury and elegance to whimsical flights of the imagination, Baskervill’s hospitality studio has been dubbed a giant of the hospitality industry by both Interior Design and Hotel Design magazine. While the accolades are great, what we’re really passionate about is designing memorable guest experiences that reflect the unique brand of each client to travelers from around the world. Our work sends us across the country and beyond for projects with major hoteliers and boutique clients, and includes brands like AC Hotels, Moxy, Curio, Autograph, and many more.
We’re also passionate about finding and developing young designers who are ready to get a foot in the door, cut their teeth, and grow their portfolio. That’s why we’re looking for a junior interior designer to join our Richmond office, located on the cobbled streets of historic Shockoe Bottom. If you’re wildly creative, obsessed with details, and ready to work insanely hard, let’s talk.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with a team of senior interior designers and architects throughout all phases of the design process, including design development and the preparation of construction documents
- Managing day-to-day communication and coordination of project details between the design team and a project’s clients and consultants for multiple projects
- Using Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUP to produce visually stunning, high-quality drawings and renderings
- Creatively and eloquently presenting design concepts and ideas to clients and prospective clients
A few things you’ve got to have:
- 2 – 6 years of Hospitality experience
- An exceptionally positive and curious attitude
- A self-starting drive and eagerness to learn quickly
- A desire to work creatively within several concurrently tight deadlines
- The ability to connect and communicate with a spectrum of personalities
- A Bachelor’s or Masters from a CIDA Accredited Professional Degree Program
- Be working towards NCIDQ certification; Enrolled in IDEP Program
- Training in Revit required (and a knowledge of Sketch-Up and AutoCAD are helpful)
- And while it’s not required, LEED experience or knowledge of LEED concepts is a big plus
Salary will commensurate with experience
Please email resume, work sample and salary requirements to Job No. HID-L3 at email@example.com. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Baskervill is an E/O/E/M/F/D/V and drug free environment.