Interior Designer – Corporate – Richmond – Job #CID-L4
Designing the spaces that people use every day, Baskervill’s award-winning corporate studio works with clients of all sizes and industries to create environments that spark joy and human connection. We’ve designed vibrant and nimble workspaces for startups and Fortune 500 companies alike and we’re passionate about helping our clients illuminate bright ideas and new directions, because we know great design can happen for any client, in any place, at any time. If you, too, believe in the power of making our everyday spaces better, let’s talk.
We’re looking for an interior designer specializing in corporate design, to join our office located in the heart of downtown Richmond VA
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with an established team with primary focus on a large program client
- Assigning WorkPlace strategies to enhance project solutions; function, experience and space utilization.
- Applying a variety of effective communication skills within project phases; ascertaining project requirements, contract development, client engagement, team involvement, presentations and contractors/consultants.
- Utilizing Concepts to establish a project’s path. Maintain consistency of Brand while addressing the inherent difference in locale, envelop, user group as well as budget and schedule.
- Collaborating with a team of senior interior designers and architects throughout all phases of the design process, including programming, schematics, design development and the preparation of construction documents
- Using Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUP to produce visually stunning, high-quality drawings and renderings
- Creatively and interactively present design concepts and ideas
- Researching and selecting interior material palettes and lighting schemes
A few things you’ve got to have:
- 8+ years of Corporate interior design experience
- An exceptionally positive and curious attitude
- A self-starting drive and eagerness to learn quickly
- Ability to be organized and diligent.
- Be conversational, solution and process driven with client.
- A desire to work creatively within several concurrently tight deadlines
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, space planning, and impeccable attention to details
- The ability to connect and communicate with a spectrum of personalities
- Ability to work (in real time) with client and internal team.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s from an Accredited Professional Degree Program (Interior Design)
- State Certification a plus
- Knowledge of Building Code, ADA and BOMA.
- Understand interior construction means/methods/costs.
- Training in Revit required (and a knowledge of Sketch-Up and AutoCAD are helpful)
- And while it’s not required, LEED experience or knowledge of LEED concepts is a big plus
Culture-centric team expectations:
- Excitement to be a part of a talented, fun and expressive team.
- Teach, mentor and learn
- Appreciation for team dynamics and value of each member.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com referencing Job #CID-L4 to be considered.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #CID-L4, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Baskervill is an E/O/E/M/F/D/V and drug free environment