HR Assistant – Richmond, VA – Job #HRI-L2
Baskervill, one of the nation’s oldest architecture firms in the country with offices in Richmond, VA; Washington, D.C., Gdansk Poland, and Orlando, FL is seeking a HR Assistant to join our growing team. Today, we’re more than 150 employees strong, and we’re growing fast. If you are passionate about Human Resources and ready to start your career, this might be the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
Assisting the HR Director and HR Manager with daily HR activities across three offices, such as:
- Training Coordination
- Assisting with applicant tracking and AAP documentation.
- Supporting and preparing new hires/terminations, including, but not limited to submitting background checks, scheduling training, preparing orientation and exit materials, and conducting orientation.
- Updating internal databases with new and existing employee information; maintaining confidentiality while assisting with file management
- Assisting with benefits administration, including but not limited to auditing and maintenance of all employee benefit enrollments, reviewing and reconciling billing reports, working with vendors to correct any enrollment issues, and annual open enrollment coordination
- Coordinating and scheduling requested meetings and company-wide events; creating and sending meeting requests through Outlook and Microsoft teams; setting up conference rooms as needed
- Completing verification of employments
- Providing general administrative support to the HR Team
- Other projects as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- At least 1 year experience as a HR administrative assistant or BS in Human Resources or equivalent field
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willingness to participate in video recruiting and other Public Relations
- Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, and other federal and state laws a plus.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
Baskervill offers a flexible, casual, and extremely rewarding working environment. A part of our powerhouse package is a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan that includes firm paid medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, paid parental leave, short-and-long-term disability, three weeks of paid time off and paid holidays. We also offer a 401k plan with company match, flex spending account, life-and-critical-illness insurance. Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace.
Please email cover letter and resume, referencing Job No. HRI-L2 for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a short video along with your resume telling us why Baskervill interests you and what sets you apart from the other candidates.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.