Marketing Manager, Richmond, VA – MKM-L4
Are you a talented communicator with exemplary writing skills and an impeccable attention to detail? Do you love telling stories in a targeted, creative way? Are you a leader who loves shepherding projects from conception through completion?
If so, we’re looking for you! Baskervill, an architecture and design firm headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our team, and we’re looking for someone who is a creative writer, thinker, and problem-solver.
Here’s what the role involves:
- You’ll support and collaborate with the Director of Marketing on all elements of our marketing program, including: proposals and qualifications materials, creative content and public relations, research, asset maintenance, and more.
- You’ll oversee the Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Assistant, providing mentorship, guidance, and leadership to help steer projects from concept to completion.
- You’ll herald the development of strategic creative content across many platforms and audiences. Telling compelling stories and packaging them for our website, social media properties, and email newsletter for internal and external audiences is a significant aspect of the role. You should be as comfortable writing a clever subject line as you are a longer blog post or article.
- You’ll interface with firm leaders daily, helping to translate the firm’s strategic goals into targeted messaging, tactics, and results-oriented materials. Strong research and analytical skills are key to assessing how market trends, economic forecasts, and client needs impact our business.
- We need someone with impeccable time-management skills as well as the ability to be flexible and roll with the punches. You’ve got to have a positive attitude and be ready to work on a variety of tasks; every day is different for our team, and we never know what will pop up.
- Most importantly, you should have a strong work ethic, a quick wit, and love to laugh. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a team, sharing ideas and stories, and collaborating on a day-to-day (and often, hour-to-hour) basis. A love of coffee, pop culture and all things design are a plus!
Education and Experience:
- A four-year degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- 5-7 years professional experience, architecture/design industry ideal, but relevant agency or publishing experience welcome
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign) and MS Office
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and work independently
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in media relations and/or writing editorial content
- Positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of CRM databases (Deltek Vision; Cosential) a plus
Please reference Job #MKM-L4 when you send resume, cover letter, writing samples and/or portfolio, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace.