Electrical Designer – Richmond, VA – EIT-319
Baskervill, a full-service. award-winning A/E firm located in the historic downtown area (Shockoe Slip) near the Canal walk and numerous shops and restaurants has an immediate opening for a motivated Electrical Designer. We have a diverse culture in both our staff and project work.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical skill in planning & designing electrical power, lighting, emergency/standby generators, fire alarm, and communication systems for commercial, industrial, healthcare, and/or retail projects with limited guidance from an Electrical Engineer. He/She will also have demonstrated interpersonal skills, the ability to work as part of a team and be able to interface with clients, engineers, architects and others of varying technical abilities.
- Overseeing projects from kick-off to completion of CA
- Setting up and assembling drawings in Revit (preferred) and/or CAD
- Developing power, lighting, egress lighting, mechanical power project plans
- Developing electrical specifications, performing load calculations, lighting photometric calculations, and documenting all engineering decisions
- Proven ability to develop Revit family content and working with standard Microsoft Office 365 product software.
- Meeting with clients and in-house consultants.
- 3-6 years of experience in electrical design
- Proficiency in (3-4 years use) Revit and AutoCAD
- 4-year electrical engineering/technical degree and EIT preferred
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- The willingness to occasionally travel, as there may be limited travel required.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com referencing Job #EIT-319. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #EIT-319, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Baskervill is an E/O/E/M/F/D/V and drug free environment.