HR Assistant – Richmond, VA – HRI-L2
Baskervill, one of the nation’s oldest architecture firms in the country with offices in Richmond, VA; Washington, D.C.; and Orlando, FL is seeking a HR Assistant to join our team.
While a sense of history grounds us, it’s the idea that design can solve problems of the future that keeps our creative teams inspired. We’re not defined by a particular aesthetic; instead, we create innovative solutions for each client to make their space a reflection of who they are. Today, we’re more than 150 employees strong, and we’re growing fast. If you are passionate about Human Resources and ready to start your career, this might be the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
Assisting the HR Director and HR Generalist with daily HR activities across three offices, such as:
- Recruiting/sourcing candidates through job postings via social media, job boards, and other creative vehicles
- Assisting with applicant tracking and AAP documentation.
- Supporting and preparing new hires/terminations, including, but not limited to submitting background checks, scheduling training, preparing orientation and exit materials
- Updating internal databases with new employee information; maintaining confidentiality while assisting with file management
- Assisting with benefits administration
- Other projects as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Human Resources or Equivalent
- Extreme organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Some office experience is preferred
- Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, and other federal and state laws a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required. Other related software a plus
Baskervill offers a flexible, casual, and extremely rewarding working environment. A part of our powerhouse package is a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan that includes firm paid medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, short-and-long-term disability, three weeks of paid time off and paid holidays. We also offer a 401k plan with company match, flex spending account, life-and-critical-illness insurance. Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace.
Please email cover letter and resume, referencing Job No. HRI-L2. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.