Established in 1897, Baskervill has maintained one of the most consistent and storied histories in Virginia. Since its inception, Baskervill has strived to create and maintain meaningful, successful and results-driven relationships with its clients.
Established as Noland and Baskervill, the firm is the product of a partnership between architect William Churchill Noland and electrical engineer Henry Baskervill.
Designs first project. Residence and drugstore on Grove Avenue and Harrison Street for Mr. Andrew G. Briggs.
First project with Medical College of Virginia Hospital (now VCU Health System) designed in 1897. We continue to work with them today.
Designs first international project. A residence in Quebec Canada for Mr. Hugh L. Bond, Jr.
Designs Westmoreland Club Annex, located at Grace Street and Sixth Street.
With barely six years of experience under its belt, the firm receives a prestigious commission to design an addition to Thomas Jefferson's Virginia State Capitol Building.
Designs Temple Beth Ahabah, a Romanesque synagogue on West Franklin Street.
Begins working with Major James H. Dooley at Maymount. Designs include barn, water ram house, pergola gardens, water tower, cascades, walks, and dam, lower garden terreace, residence basement, water features and grotto shell.
Designs "Swannanoa" on Afton Mountain as a second home for Major James H. Dooley and his wife Sallie Mae Dooley.
Designs St. James Episcopal Church on West Franklin Street.
With William Noland's retirement in 1918, Henry Baskerville and Alfred Lambert join together to create Baskervill & Lambert.
Designs Commonwealth Club, located on West Franklin Street
Designs mausoleum at Maymont for Mrs. James H. Dooley.
Designs 'Stoney Point' residence for Mr. Lewis G. Larus.
Designs Crippled Childrens Hospital in Richmond, VA.
Designs O.H. Berry & Company store building at Grace Street and Sixth Street.
Designs the Berry-Burk and Company, Inc. department store building.
Designs the Richmond Public Library on Main Street.
H. Coleman Baskerville (Henry's son) joins his father, and the firm becomes Baskervill & Son.
Designs Virginia Museum of Fine Arts South Addition.
Designs clubhouse addition at the Country Club of Virginia.
Designs The Medical College of Virginia's West Hospital, the tallest building in the city at the time.
Designs alterations to the Egyptian Building at the Medical College of Virginia (now VCU Health System).
Designs factory building for Binswanger & Compnay, Inc. (now Binswanger Glass).
Designs Baskerville & Son office building located at Canal and Third Street.
Baskerville & Son, P.C. and Hankins & Anderson merge.
Designs Reynolds Metals' technical and sales center office building.
With H. Coleman Baskerville's death in 1969, the company name reverts to its original spelling, Baskervill & Son.
Firm becomes a professional corporation, Baskervill & Son, P.C. In November, the firm merges with the architectural firm Tyler, Nash, and Farmer.
Designs The Diamond baseball complex on Boulevard. Project receives national recognition.
Designs the Richmond Newspapers, Inc. production plant in Hanover County.
Firm acquires Rose Architects, expanding commerical, retail, and industrial capabilities.
Firm acquires Hochheiser Ross Design Group, which ranks in the Top 50 Giants of Hospitality Design.
Designs Gateway Building at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Firm begins to use trademark name "Baskervill."
Designs Baskervill's first LEED project - Wilderness Road State Park Visitors Center.